German Companies Leading in Eurobike Gold Awards
FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, Germany – A record number of 496 products from 30 different countries competed this year for the Eurobike awards. The 61 awards winners we announced before the start of the show, but the ten Gold Awards were honored last Wednesday evening at the Eurobike show stage.
No less than eight out of ten Gold Awards were won by Germany based companies. With more than 50 percent of the participants also the Eurobike award winners were dominated by German companies.
The Gold Award Winners of the Eurobike 2013 are:
- The RIP 9 RDO from Niner Bikes, Torrance in the USA in the category MTBThe Vis Vires from Factor Bike, Diss, United Kingdom in the category road racing
- The Coboc eCycle from COBOC eCycles, Heidelberg, Germany in the category e-bike
- The blueLABEL Charger from riese und müller GmbH, Weiterstadt, Germany in the category e-bike
- The adizero ss jersey m from adidas AG, Herzogenaurach/Germany in the category apparel
- The Cervélo Rca from Cervelo Europe, Cloppenburg, Germany in the category parts and components
- The Cambium C17 saddle from Brooks Smethwick, United Kingdom in the category parts and components
- The Conti drive system from Benchmark Drives GmbH & Co. KG, Hofheim, Germany in the category parts and components
- The Back-Roller High Visibility Bicycle Bag from Ortlieb, Heilsbronn, Germany in the category accessories
- The Abus In-Vizz bicycle helmet from Abus, Wetter, Germany in the category accessories
No Eurobike Green Award
Remarkably the judges came to the conclusion that none of the 496 entries deserved the Eurobike Green Award this year. “This special award should go to a product that is environmentally particularly valuable. Unfortunately, there was no entry this year that was able to convince us with trailblazing innovation in terms of ecology and sustainability”, was the official comment.
The competition was hosted by Messe Friedrichshafen for the ninth time this year. “We are, of course, very happy about the high number of participants’, said Messe Friedrichshafen spokesman Wolfgang Köhle. “It is certainly positive proof that the Eurobike Award has established a solid position as a seal of quality for innovation and good design in the bicycle industry.”