Industry Leaders Discuss Future of Cycling
BRUSSELS, Belgium – The European Cyclist’ Federation and its Cycling Industry Club are organising the Cycling Industry Leaders’ Summit on future of cycling together with the Dutch ‘Fietsersbond’. This event will take place on March 1, 2018 in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The event is now open for registration.
The summit will focus on the future of cycling with the EU Cycling Strategy and the importance for the industry. It will be a full day of keynotes from inspiring leaders from in and outside the industry, sharing best practices, interactive sessions on new markets and technologies and panel discussions. The programme will evolve around four main blocks, which represent the major influencers of the cycling industry in the future.
Leaders: Industry leaders will deliver their take on the future of cycling in Europe, based on the experience of longstanding leadership in the sector. Their establishment as the industry’s frontrunners gives them the authority to wield the bulk of the decision-making power over the industry’s future.
Disruptors: These rising stars of the cycling and especially outside the cycling sectors are equipped with everything they need to cause major disruptions in traditional industries. The combined forces of big data and the sharing economy are already starting to cause waves in the sector. Prepare to be amazed by the potentials of bike sharing and connected cycling!
Promotion of e-mobility
Market Makers: In this group we have gathered great players that contribute to the sustainability of existent, and exploration of new markets. From tourism and sports to the promotion of e-mobility, these cycling experts are preparing the fertile ground of future markets all over the world. Read more on Market Makers in this sneak preview!
Putting it all together: The greatest example of how to unite all the different parts of the cycling universe in perfect harmony, are the Dutch. This is the reason, why the Cycling Industry Leaders’ Summit is taking place in the heart of the Netherlands, where we can learn from Dutch best practices how to collaborate in perfect efficiency.
Here’s the final programme in full:
09.30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Welcome from Saskia Kluit, director Fietsersbond
10.10 Leaders Sessions Speeches from:
• Kevin Mayne, Development Director at European Cyclists’ Federation
• Jeroen Snijders-Blok, COO of Accell Group
• Carlo van de Weijer, Global Expert ITS at TomTom
11.15 Coffee break
11.30 Disruptors Session Keynotes and panel discussion:
• Marius Macku, Public Policy Senior Associate at Uber
• Martijn Maters, Channel Manager BeNeLux and Nordics at Vodafone Automotive
• Eric Craig, CEO of Free2cycle
13.00 Network lunch + Walking tour to the biggest bike park in the world
14.30 Market Makers session Interactive group session and pitches on future markets:
• Camille Thome, Director of Départements et Régions Cyclables
• Lars Stromgren, President of Cykelframjandet and Interim President of ECF
• Raluca Fiser, President of Green Revolution
• Reindert Augustijn, Program Manager Traffic and Transport at the Province of Gelderland
• Isabella Burczak, Manager of Advocacy and Mass participation events at UCI
16.00 Coffee break
16.15 Putting it all together: the Dutch example Group discussion with speakers from the civil society, the government and the industry:
• Saskia Kluit, Director of Fietsersbond
• Jan Bert Dijkstra, Director of the ‘Optimising Use of Networks’ programme at the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water, the Netherlands
• Raymond Gense, Director of Future Technology at PON
17.15 Closing by ECF president Lars Stromgren
17.30 Networking drinks
The Cycling Industry Leaders’ Summit is a pre-event to three big bike shows which will be held March 2-4, 2018 at the same venue: Bike MOTION Benelux, E-Bike Xperience and Fiets en Wandelbeurs (Bike and Hike show)
Who is coming? Companies already registered:
Bosch, PON, Shimano, SRAM, GORE, Messingschlager, Decathlon, WTB, Merida, Alegion, Vittoria, Specialised, Playsportsnetwork, Vodafone, Uber, Momes, Rydies, Abis, HERE Technologies, Bikmo, BimBimBikes, Zehus, SeeSense, Cycloon, Extra Energy, Haloglow, Cycligo, Altago, Tembici, Holcus Buiten, Hexlox