News Article

Mavic Sales up by 5% in 2012

Home

HELSINKI, Finland – According to Amer Sports’ financial statements over 2012 Mavic’s net sales increased by 5% from 120.5 million euro in 2011 to 129 million euro last year. Amer Sports is the parent company of Mavic together with brands like Salomon, Atomic, Arc’teryx.

Mavic Sales up by 5% in 2012
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Mavic increased its revenue by 6%.

In the fourth quarter of 2012 Mavic’s revenue improved even more by 7% to 31.8 million euro. The overall sales growth was supported by countries in which Mavic has brought third party distributor operations in-house.

In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Mavic increased its revenue by 6%, in Asia Pacific by 4%. In the Americas net sales were at previous year’s level.

Net sales by geographical region were as follows:

  • Europe, Middle East and Africa: 67%
  • North, Middle and South America: 17%
  • Asia Pacific: 16%

For Mavic cycling equipment like rims, wheels and tires represented 81% of its net sales, and cycling softgoods like apparel, helmets and footwear the remaining 19%.

Comment on this article