News Article

Over 115 Companies Slated for 2nd PIBE Show

Home

GUADALAJARA, Mexico (16 May 2000)–The 2nd annual Pan Am International Bike Expo will feature over 115 companies from South America, Asia and Europe. Scheduled from 14 to 16 June in Guadalajara, Mexico, the 5,000-square-meter facility can boast of some of the industry’s largest names, including Bell Sports, Shimano, Giant, Vee Rubber and SRAM, among others. […]

GUADALAJARA, Mexico (16 May 2000)–The 2nd annual Pan Am International Bike Expo will feature over 115 companies from South America, Asia and Europe. Scheduled from 14 to 16 June in Guadalajara, Mexico, the 5,000-square-meter facility can boast of some of the industry’s largest names, including Bell Sports, Shimano, Giant, Vee Rubber and SRAM, among others. According to the show’s organizer, the number of foreign exhibitors is an indication that confidence in Mexico’s bike market place is strong and that opportunities exist for both import to and export from the European Union, North America, Central and South America.
This year’s expo is expected to draw some 5,000 visitors. Show hours are from 10:30 to 18:00 daily. Seminars will be held from 9:30 in the morning on the last two days of the show. Last year more than two million bicycles were sold in Mexico, over 90% of which came from domestic manufactures. The remaining 10% came from Taiwan. (JW)

Comment on this article