German ZIV Meeting Confirms Presidium and Executive Board
BERLIN, Germany – The members of Europe’s largest bicycle industry association, the ‘Zweirad Industry Verband’ (ZIV) in Germany elected a new presidium and executive board. The election was part of the association’s general meeting held recently in Berlin.
The current association’s representatives were all re-elected by a large majority of the ZIV members. The ZIV presidium is led by the trio:
- Wilhelm Humpert (Wilhelm Humpert GmbH & Co. KG)
- Bernhard Lange (Paul Lange & Co. OHG)
- Volker Thiemann (AT Zweirad GmbH)
ZIV’s executive board consist of:
- Severine Lönne (Cycle Union GmbH)
- Fabian Auch (Magura Gustav Magenwirth GmbH & Co. KG)
- Konrad Irlbacher (Iko-Sportartikel Handels GmbH – Corratec bicycle brand)
- Guido Müller (Busch & Müller KG)
ZIV’s main goal is to defend the interests of the German bicycle industry at national and international levels. The core task of the association is to represent the interests of around 85 member companies at policy makers, government, media and a wide variety of institutions. Via its member companies, the two-wheel industry association claims to represent nearly 80 percent of the German bicycle production. These include bicycle and e-bike manufacturers, importers as well as component and accessory manufacturers. The ZIV also represents its members at European level via the European Association CONEBI (Confederation of the European Bicycle Industry).