Taipei Cycle Forum on Changing Markets
TAICHUNG, Taiwan – “What is the future role of Taiwan’s bicycle industry?” This is the key question Taipei Cycle Forum 2018 wants to answer. This international Conference takes place Friday 23 and Saturday 24 March, 2018 in Taichung, Taiwan and is open for registration.
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), in cooperation with Bike Europe are organizing Taipei Cycle Forum 2018. The theme of this international conference for the cycling industry’s top management is: Taiwan bike industry in transition.
Presenting future vision
Taipei Cycle Forum 2018 is focused on strengthening Taiwan’s bicycle and e-bike industry by presenting a (near) future vision. This vision will clarify the current focus shift taking place in Taiwan’s main markets, Europe and North America. This shift is from dealers to consumers. It’s triggered by rapidly growing online sales of bicycles, and e-bikes, as well as parts and accessories. This trend forces major strategy changes in the main markets of Taiwan’s cycling industry.
Omni-channel distribution is now being applied by various key players in the US and the EU as consumers order products online. They want them delivered in hours rather than in weeks. It results in a need for speed which puts pressure on the supply chain of the bicycle industry that has a major production base in Asia. Next to bringing down lead-times also more supply chain flexibility is required.
Consequences for Taiwan’s industry
All this brings profound consequences for Taiwan’s industry. At the Taipei Cycle Forum 2018 a series of expert speakers will put these consequences into perspective. The speakers will in particular provide hands-on advice regarding how Taiwan companies can handle their transition towards new, more online focused, business models for catering to the changed needs of OEMs, distributors, and consumers in the EU and the US as well as in Asia.
The international conference it will address these themes and headlines:
- New forms of retailing: impact of rapid growth of ecommerce and online sales in EU and US on Taiwan’s bike industry
- New forms of retailing: how Taiwan’s bike industry is to handle its transition towards ecommerce
- New manufacturing: industry 4.0; smart factories enabling going consumer-direct
- New technologies: to be presented at Taipei Cycle Show 2018
- Electrification and IoT (Internet of Things) of bikes as well as parts & accessories
- New technologies: using big data & how to become digitized company?
About Taipei Cycle Forum 2018
- Date: Friday 23 and Saturday 24 March, 2018
- Location: Fullon Hotel – Liphao Land, Taichung, Taiwan
- Participation fee:
- Group tickets TWD 1,000 (€ 28/USD 33)
- Promotion tickets TWD 3,000 (€ 83/USD 100).
- Special discount applies for Taiwan Bicycle Association (TBA) members.